Education System in Australia
The education system in Australia is well structured and rightly formulated to provide wise options to students for their future.
The Australian education system has attained its popularity because of the AQF or Australian Qualifications Framework that was introduced in 1995.
Broadly, the AQF provides certificates at the primary, secondary and tertiary levels of education. And overall AQF certifies students based on different levels. In total, there are 10 levels starting from Certificate 1 to Doctorate.
Degrees given under the AQF education system are:
• Diploma (Level 5): Students receive specialised knowledge and skills for skilled/paraprofessional work and/or further learning. It takes about 1-2 years to complete.
• Associate Degree/Advanced Diploma (Level 6): Students are provided a broad knowledge and skills for paraprofessional/highly skilled work and/or further learning. This takes 1.5 – 2 years to complete.
• Bachelors (Level 7): Studying for 3-4 years, this undergraduate degree aims at providing broad and coherent knowledge for professional work or further learning.
• Bachelors Honours (Level 8): This is a specialised undergraduate degree that imparts advanced knowledge and skills for professional highly skilled work or for further learning. This is a 0.5-1 year course.
• Masters (Level 9): Masters in Australia is an expert level graduate degree in a particular subject. It can be completed in 1-2 years.
• Doctorate (Level 10): This is a postgraduate degree that takes a total of 3 to 4 years to complete in Australia.
To study abroad in Australia, have a look at the various types of institutions that facilitate higher studies in Australia:
|Type of Institution||Key Points|
|Public Universities||Run by the government. A number of research institutes fall under this category.|
|Private Universities||Cater to short-termed degrees or religious courses.|
|Institutes of Technology/ Australian Technology Network||Focus on Technology and practical education.|
|TAFE: Technical and Further Education||Provides vocational courses, apprenticeships and work experience|
|Private Colleges||Offer Bachelors and Masters programs|
Credit System In Australian higher education system:
Your study in Australia is monitored by a well-planned credit system. Credits are given to students based on the number of hours they spend studying per week.
• Universities in Australia usually have a credit score range of 6-8. This may vary based on the university you are studying in.
• According to the Australian credit score system, you require 144 credit scores (in 3 years) to successfully complete your Bachelors.
• The required credit score to complete Masters in Australia is 96.
CALL for study abroad career counselling, speak to our admission consultant experts for Australian University admission now – +91.8013000664
We will guide you for Australian university application process, that will lead to guaranteed admission.
Australian University Admission consultants Kolkata, Australian PR consultants Kolkata, career counselling for PR in Australia , best career counselling for abroad studies in India, career counselling for abroad studies near me